For Investment Managers
If you are an experienced, qualified Investment Manager or Team looking to establish your own firm, then RC Brown can help you make the transition via our DFM Incubator Service.
We have assisted a number of other investment management businesses in recent years, in establishing themselves and successfully growing their AUM, by becoming a “trading as” subsidiary of RCBIM. Day-to-day management, portfolio asset allocation and pricing structure is completely separate to RCBIM, however they operate under our regulatory licence and Compliance regime.
Whether you are looking to set up your own discretionary portfolio business or launch an OEIC, both can be easily accommodated under our umbrella structures (subject to FCA and ACD approval). We can offer you the use of our Regulatory licence or our offices and systems, for example. What’s more, you can decide on your business name & branding, as well as your investment philosophy.
Indeed, since 2013, RC Brown has helped a number of investment firms establish themselves:
Discretionary portfolio services
Funds / OEICs
To be financially viable for both parties, a minimum £30m AUM is required in the first year. Each firm will also benefit from / have access to the following
- Own branded “Trading as” subsidiary of RCBIM, which provides for:
- Regulatory Capital
- FCA / FSCS costs
- PI cover
- Compliance regime
- Portfolio trading & reporting platform (powered by Pulse)
- Freedom to define own Attitude to Risk, Asset Allocation and pricing models
- Fully branded secure client portal (powered by Moneyinfo)
- Desktop, laptop, tablet & mobile access
- Daily valuations on all portfolios, including transactions
- Ability to link 3rd party products / accounts / policies
- Secure Messaging for client instructions
- Quarterly reporting delivery